Your are here: Home » Trekking » Quillcayhuanca Cojup hiking tour
Quillcayhuanca to Cojup hiking tour
All of details about Quillcayhuanca to Cojup hiking tour
A short hiking tour in Cordillera Blanca trek gives walkers the chance to enjoy some of the most stunning sections of the Cordillera Blanca in complete peace and serenity.
The trails are steep and narrow in parts, making it difficult for donkeys to pass (the day 2).
The little-visited Quilcayhuanca Valley offers endless breath-taking mountain panoramas of imposing snow-caped peaks towering high above turquoise glacial lakes. Some of the most impressive flora and fauna of the Huascaran National Park can be seen on the trek, and the low number of visitors means that your chances of seeing herds of viscachas and the emblematic Andean condor are increased.
The high pass and steep ascents make this trek a challenge at times, but if you are fit and healthy and wish to escape the crowds of trek Huayhuash or Santa Cruz, Quilcayhuanca to Cojup will not be disappointing.
Day 1: Huaraz - Pitec - Quilcayhuanca Valley - Tullpacocha camp (4250 masl)
Day 2: Tullpacocha - Paso Huapi (5020m) - Cojup (4150m)
Day 3: Quebrada Cojup - Huaraz
Day 01: Huaraz - Pitec - Quilcayhuanca Valley - Tullpacocha camp (4250 masl)
Duration: 1 hour (by car) 5 - 6 hours (hiking)
Early in the morning you will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to Pitec hamlet (1 hour), start point of the trek Quilcayhuanca route. The trail has no difficulties at all because it’s flat most of the way. After 3 or 4 hours you will be exploring a beautiful valley full of green fields, animals and with the view of Andavite Peak (5518 masl) arrival to Tullpacocha lake cross, where the campsite is installed. From this point there are 3 options: Explore Cayesh Valley to visit its steep needle shaped peak (approximately 3 hours), visit Tulpacocha and back to campsite or rest and walk around the campsite taking pictures of the magnificent landscape. Dinner and overnight in campsite.
Day 02: Tullpacocha - Paso Huapi (5020m) - Cojup (4150m).
Duration: 7 to 8 hours
Very early in the morning after a succulent breakfast, start of the big challenge to cross Huapi Pass (5020 masl). This day, the mules return with the equipment through Quilcayhuanca Valley to go inside Cojup Valley and install the new campsite. From the pass, you can observe Ranrapalca (6162 masl), Palcaraju (6110 masl) and Ishinca (5530 masl). After 4 or 5 hours climbing up a steep slope and going down from the pass towards Cojup Valley arrival in the campsite near to the Palcacocha Lake. Dinner and overnight in campsite.
Day 03: Quebrada Cojup - Huaraz .
Duration: 5 hours (walking) 1 hour (by car)
After breakfast, you start to go down Cojup Valley, following the path of the avalanche in 1941. After 4 or 5 hours descending through this fabulous valley you will arrive at the exit of the valley, where transportation is waiting to take you back to Huaraz city. Arrival estimated approximately at 4 pm and transfer to your hotel.
- Private tourist transport from/to your hotel.
- Professional, English speaking guide for acclimatization activities and trek.
- Professional outdoor cook, 3 healthy meals a day plus snacks during the wilderness components of the trip.
- All entrance fees
- All camping & cooking equipment which is not included in the gear list
- Porters for carring equipments and food.
- Cook tent, eating tent, tables, chairs, and toilet tent
- First aid kit and Oxygen bottle
What to take:
- Bus tickets between Lima and Huaraz.
- Hotel accommodations for specified time in Lima and Huaraz.
- Personal clothing and equipment (check gear list attached)
- All food and drink during in-town days with the exception of the Celebration Banquet
- Incidental personal expenditures, including emergency evacuations and medical expenditures
Travel, Personal, and/or medical insurance
- You will only carry a daypack with whatever you require for that day's walk. All you need is appropriate clothing, a good pair of walking shoes or hiking boots (and a spirit of adventure with a good dose of endurance for this trip!!).
Prices & Dates
Prices: full private service
More information? contact us
The prices could vary according to the dates of travel, eg Easter holidays or Independence Day of Peru.
Prices: Group departure
(only for trekking tour)
US $ 260
* Departure confirmed with minimum 4 and maximum 10 people
May to November
Group departure dates (From / To)
» Additional dates available upon request On this trip, places are still available
- 04 may - 07 may 2018 .
- 17 may - 20 may 2018 .
- 31 may - 03 jun 2018 .
- »» On this trip, places are still available.
- »» On this trip, only a few places left.
- »» This trip is sold out / closed.
Ask for more details