Your are here: Home » Trekking » Trekking Santa Cruz - Llanganuco
Trekking Santa Cruz - Llanganuco
All of details about Santa Cruz trekking tour
This very popular trek ascends, below spectacular peaks of the Cordillera Blanca and skirting turquoise glacial lakes. During the tour of 4 days we will be able to observe pyramidal peaks of more than 6000 mts and turquoise lagoons in the foot of the mountains.
Day 1: Huaraz – Cashapampa – Llamacorral (3800m/12464ft)
Day 2: Llamacorral – Jatuncocha – Taullipampa (4200m/13776ft)
Day 3: Taullipampa – Punta Union Pass (4750m/15580ft) – Cachinapampa
Day 4: Cachinapampa – Vaqueria – Huaraz
Day 01: Huaraz – Cashapampa – Llamacorral (3800m/12464ft)
Duration: 3 hours (by car) 4 - 5 hours (hiking)
You are picked up at your accommodation and begin the journey with a spectacular scenic drive along the Callejon de Huaylas Valley to the village of Cashapampa 2900m which is the starting point of the trek (3 hours drive). There are opportunities for photo stops along the way. From Cashapampa we start to ascend steeply for about 2 hours and then the track levels out, we climb steadily along the Quebrada Santa Cruz to camp at Llamacorral 3750m. 5 hours walk.
Day 02: Llamacorral – Jatuncocha – Taullipampa (4200m/13776ft).
Duration: 5 -6 hours
An easier hike up the Santa Cruz valley to our camp at Taullipampa 4250m. 5 hours walk. It is generally flat and we ascend just the last hour towards the camp. We walk past the beautiful Jatuncocha Lake. Our camp is situated near at the base of the beautiful nevado Taulliraju Mountain and we are also surrounded by other peaks such as Paria, Artseonraju, Rinrijirca, Quitaraju and Alpamayo.
Day 03: Taullipampa – Punta Union Pass (4750m/15580ft) – Cachinapampa.
Duration: 7 - 8 hours
We ascend steadily for about 3 hours on a good trail to the Punta Union Pass 4750m. We can feel the effects of the altitude as we reach the pass. From the pass we have very close views of the big mountains of the Cordillera Blanca. From the pass, we have a long descent passing two small lakes and then coming down into the Huaripampa Valley to camp at Cachinapampa 3800m. about 8 hours walk. Pernocte.
Day 04: Cachinapampa – Vaqueria – Huaraz.
Duration: 3 hours (hiking) 4 hours (by car)
An easy walk down the Quebrada Huaripampa Valley where we pass by many farm houses and see a lot of local people, children, sheep, caws, goats and donkeys on the path. We then ascend for about an hour to Vaqueria 3700m 4 hours walk. We take our private transport over Portachuelo Pass 4767m and then down the steep zigzag road to the beautiful lakes of Llanganuco. We then return to Huaraz. About 4 hours drive.
- Private tourist transport from/to your hotel.
- Professional, English speaking guide for acclimatization activities and trek.
- Professional outdoor cook, 3 healthy meals a day plus snacks during the wilderness components of the trip.
- All entrance fees
- All camping & cooking equipment which is not included in the gear list
- Cook tent, eating tent, tables, chairs, and toilet tent
- First aid kit and Oxygen bottle
What to take:
- Bus tickets between Lima and Huaraz.
- Hotel accommodations for specified time in Lima and Huaraz.
- Personal clothing and equipment (check gear list attached)
- All food and drink during in-town days with the exception of the Celebration Banquet
- Incidental personal expenditures, including emergency evacuations and medical expenditures
Travel, Personal, and/or medical insurance
- You will only carry a daypack with whatever you require for that day's walk. All you need is appropriate clothing, a good pair of walking shoes or hiking boots (and a spirit of adventure with a good dose of endurance for this trip!!).
Prices & Dates
Prices: full private service
More information? contact us
The prices could vary according to the dates of travel, eg Easter holidays or Independence Day of Peru.
Prices: Group departure
(only for trekking tour)
US $ 280
* Departure confirmed with minimum 4 and maximum 10 people
May to November
Group departure dates (From / To)
» Additional dates available upon request On this trip, places are still available
- 04 may - 07 may 2018 .
- 17 may - 20 may 2018 .
- 31 may - 03 jun 2018 .
- »» On this trip, places are still available.
- »» On this trip, only a few places left.
- »» This trip is sold out / closed.
Ask for more details